Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pause and hit the reset button

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks.  I decided I needed a much needed hiatus from the computer.  We had a wonderful Christmas with family and then a first family trip away with our family.  It was fun and our first experience of the 3 kids in the car for a long period of time.

It was only 5 hours, but boy was it hard!  Thank goodness for Leapfrog and movies is all I can say.  Oh and earplugs of course! :)  My MIL thankfully was driving and keeping me and the hubby grounded with the crazy lil munchkins in the back.  I'm not sure I would have survived otherwise.
All in all a great mini vacation.

The hotel/timeshare was gorgeous and I wanted to live there.  The kitchen was GORGEOUS!


All in all we got a much needed break from life and had a great time.  We got to just spend time with each other and remember what the holiday was all about. 
The kids all slept on the pull out couch and fell asleep watching a new movie we saved just for the trip. Best idea EVAH!  I love the expressions on their faces.

How did you spend your holidays and New Year?  Did you do anything special?

5 comments:

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

Hi, Leigh!
Im following you from (in)courage. Thanks for commenting on my post...now Ive found your great blog. I love your Christ-centered message. Keep up the great work! Its always nice to have a fellow dallasite on the net :)

The Morgan Family said...

Glad you all had a fantastic trip! Happy New Year!

Ibifiri Kamson said...

Lovely...their expressions..I like.. I spent christmas at home with my husband we were just chilling on the sofa, eating and drinking..
I just read your profile and I want to say you are an amazing mother, keep up the good work, God is your strength.
Just became your follower and this is my blog www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How fun....family vacations are always the best. I would absolutely love to have that kitchen too...wow.

I am so glad you are able to go to Blissdom since you couldn't make it to the inCourage event. I would love to go to Blissdom but too much is going on... You will have to write a post about it becuase I wasnt to hear all about it.
Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com

Leigh said...

Thanks Carrie. I just love your writing and encouragement, thankyou!

Anne, I'll definitely be writing a post about Blissdom....maybe a couple! :) We'll meet at Relevant though.
Happy New Year girls!