Sunday, December 20, 2009

my new love!


I am in L-O-V-E with making new scarves right now! I did a scarf along with Julie over HERE. And the scarf along walks you thru it if you are a person whose never sewed but always wanted to. It's super easy!

Now, with the hubs just starting his new job I didn't want to go buy a bunch of fabric. So I used what I had. *(yes, I have a 20lb bag of unused but cute fabric) All I had to purchase was the flannel backing- yes, I made the fuzzy warm scarves...as it does get a LITTLE cold here in Texas. And since I didn't need to make the 8 scarves for gifts and wanted to personalize them for me and my princess- I just skipped to the end and cut the strips from the fabric I wanted. I also used my princess to see how much shorter hers should be and made hers 7 pieces long instead of nine.

While you're over there check out her story of "Joy's Hope". Julie is a strong determined woman. I big red heart her! And she's doing wonderful things over here at Project 320.

No comments: