Monday, May 17, 2010

Breaking the chain of Love!....of Paint.

I decided to break my chain of painting and make something I thought was more boy. And I like that it's 3D. I had the wood in my garage already...I think it's a 1x8. I bought the chipwood letters for 99cent plus 40%off at HL. And the scrapbook paper was 3/$1. So I lucked out. The paint of course I already had.

My boy loves having his name in big letters on the wall. He already knows how to write his name but he's starting to read so it's just another fun thing for him.




I painted the wood, then sanded the edges. Then I modge podged on the scrapbook paper that I had traced. Then I sanded the edged of that as well so it would blend better. Then I modge podged over the paper. Then I wood glued on the letters to the board. I absolutely love my Gorilla Glue. This was super simple and am trying to not make another one. Except maybe just one for my other boy and keep the painted canvas for my girl. I wanted to mix it up just a bit.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Thanks! Trying to do something different for my boys.