Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friends, Projects, and lovin' it!

A friend of mine and I were talking one night and she mentioned that she was trying to get an antique table refinished....but that's not her thing. (she is super trendy with great style and has great decorating abilities). It was an antique family table and she also wanted an older family dresser repainted. So of course I happened to mention that I LOVE refinishing furniture and would love to help her out. So away I went.....

First she wanted to make a permanent leaf in the middle. Since it was antique, we had to start from scratch for a new leaf and permanently attach it. We also reinforced it for sturdiness and moving. Then came the days and days of sanding. Luckily the 3 layers of paint came off pretty easily. I just love sanding....because it ends in getting to paint- which I ADORE painting.

So here's the before:





Here are the after pics:






the only difference in the dresser was just that we sanded off all of the other layers and then repainted black. Then we painted the hinges the silver to match her new knobs.

No comments: